Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Football-Themed Gender Reveal



My sister and brother-in-law are having a baby! This is them on the day they told my parents (first grandbaby for my mom and dad).

Amanda & Brandon
They just recently had their sonogram to find out the gender of baby Monroe, but had it put secretly into an envelope. And guess who got to open that envelope...ME! Brad and I were the only people who knew what baby Monroe would be!

Brandon and Amanda decided to have their gender reveal party when the Cowboys game is on, so the football theme was really fun!

At first, Amanda wanted to do a cupcake reveal, but then stumbled upon a better idea, Balloon Fireworks!

You can find the original tutorial HERE, but we changed it up a bit. Some of the confetti I bought would not go through the funnel, so we cut the funnel...still didn't work. Brad and I ended up just pulling the balloons apart with our hands and pouring in the confetti. Then we just aired the balloons up with our bike pump (40 balloons I might add) and hung them from the ceiling with fishing line and tape. We used tacks to pop them instead of pencils (sharper and cheap).

Countdown & POP!.........












IT'S A BOY!

The balloons worked out great and it was so much fun! Here are some more pics from the party:






This was before everyone picked a side, but how did so many people know it was a boy?!

Go Cowboys!

Excited friends!
We are so excited for this baby BOY to arrive...now they just have to pick a name!

12 comments:

  1. I love the idea of having confetti in the balloon to make the announcement. We'll be featuring this idea over at Someday Crafts tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO much fun!!!! congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a genius idea! I sell confetti-filled balloons and think my customers would LOVE this idea too!!!! Congratulations on a nephew!!!!! xx

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/megdashmade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying balloons that are already filled with confetti would definitely save a lot of time! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun idea for a gender reveal! I love the picture of the parents-to-be laying down surrounded by the blue confetti!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favorite pics too, love it!

      Delete
  5. This is an absolutely adorable idea. I love it! I must ask how you managed to clean up all the confetti though??? LOL. Congrats on a new nephew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let's just say that you need to be prepared to spend some time vacuuming after they are popped, because you WILL have confetti all over the house. It is totally worth it though! :)

      Delete
  6. So cute! Sorry- I'm semi-stalking your blog...heehee. My sister is pregnant with her second, so it's fun to read baby-related blog posts. I love that you said your mom is still trying to decide what she wants to be called. We always used to call my mom "Grammy" when talking to our dogs (haha), and we always assumed that was going to be her "grandma name." However, my niece would NEVER call her that...she would just point to her. Finally, when she was about 18 months old (maybe?), My mom just said, "Lucy...what do YOU want to call me?" And plain as day, Lucy said, "BeeBee."

    And it has been that way EVER since. My maiden name starts with a B, so it does sort of make sense. :)

    Anyway, tell your mom not to stress about it too much...the baby might just end up picking a name on it's own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I told my mom, that she probably wouldn't get to pick the name anyway! BeeBee is super cute though! Keep an eye out for more baby posts as my sister gets further along!

      Delete
  7. I love this idea. One fear I have is that a balloon will pop ahead of time and the surprise will be ruined. My husband and I will actually be finding out the sex at the same time as everyone else (someone outside of the family will fill the balloons). Did you have any issues with this? Have any suggestions? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really worried about that too! We filled all of the balloons at a different house (so no spare confetti pieces were seen) and then transferred them in large black trash bags in case one popped on the way. We shut the door to the room as we hung them up and made sure that no one went in until it was time to pop the balloons! I did one final check of the room to make sure none had popped before everyone went in and we did not have any issues! Just don't over-inflate the balloons! :)

      Delete